Hi Fred,

The question of notability rules in Wikidata also crossed my mind.

At this stage we are asking the question is it worth linking existing OSM
data to existing wikidata via an automated process? The key word here is
automated - we are already manually adding the tags (20k so far) to OSM. As
such your question is less related to the import, but more related to the
long term database/tagging strategy in OSM. The import may however speed up
how quickly we need to start answering questions of where non-geographic
data lives (OSM or wikidata).

Like you, I see a lot of benefit of holding some data in wikidata. Picking
up the restaurant example we have always said that things like reviews
(including its food hygiene rating here in the UK) doesn't belong in OSM. I
have no urgent desire to start adding this sort of data to wikidata (or any
database) as I concentrate my time on mapping new things, but if I was to
add this to wikidata the question of notability rules would then be top of
my list - no point doing something if it then gets deleted as it is deemed
not notable!

will, at most, only make this thinking need to be done sooner. We'll have
to cross this question even if this import doesn't occur.

Regards,
Rob