On 31/08/14 09:50, Fabio Alessandro Locati wrote:
> Also, I would add that Wikidata is different from many (or all) other
> databases since:
> 1. it can give REAL value to OSM users (while most dbs don't)
> 2. It's philosophically close to OSM (while most dbs aren't)
> 3. WMF and OSM Foundations are working toghether on many projects, and
> this could be an awesome new piece to add to this collaboration

Sorry - but I don't accept that ...
Wikimedia is not 'philosophically' close to OSM although it does seem to
be learning. I'd rather that third party services simply referenced OSM
rather than downloading yet another layer of data into the core database.

That OSM does not have a reliable id for POI's may be the problem here,
but adding tags for every other database in OSM is not the solution to
that?

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL