W dniu 29.05.2015 11:45, Arch Arch napisał(a):
I don't think that's a good idea to try to solve the problems we're
faced with by our current OSM data model by  setting up a second
database. We need an improved data model which fits our needs.

Current OSM data model is not flexible enough for expanding for the rest of the world, and even for many not typical items in the currently mapped parts of the world. If we will still try to put categories into the tagging, we won't be able to recategorize it later for example, because there's a strong backlash against mechanical edits of multiple objects. IMO we need to let the mappers tag the ground truth and take the meta informations away, so we can process them and their relations easier (amenity or shop is so wide, and currently there's no way to make subcategories if needed).

And note, that this second database (OSMdata) will be just OSM Wiki on steroids - and that is better, because quite popular opinion is that it's not manageable anymore.

--
"The train is always on time / The trick is to be ready to put your bags down" [A. Cohen]