On 29/05/2015, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdre...@gmail.com> wrote:
> TL;DR; wikidata is a gorgeous project, combining their knowledge with ours
> is very promising. Still, in my opinion, for the current state of where
> they are (and where the tools to combine both are), I would _not remove
> tags_ from OSM just because the same information might be available in
> wikidata.

Agreed fully. It's not "either or" but "and". And the first step is
tooling : until I see a map that renders names in my language taken
from wikidata (at scale please, the qLabel demo is not good enough) or
that points me to the wikipedia article in my language, I won't bother
investing time in editing Wikidata for mapping purposes.