On 10/09/2015 04:15, Russ Nelson wrote:
Look at these two photos and tell me what you can see, what you can
"verify":

https://goo.gl/photos/G41ehgPJyfEWcvwH7
https://goo.gl/photos/FfgSS5bDMQ3XW7MX8

What's this? Is it a trail or is it an abandoned railroad? See the
spike? Where did it come from if not the abandoned railroad?
Or the lump of coal hundreds of miles from any coal field?

It's not a track.

It's a track, Your photos prove it.
All it is, is a lump of coal..

It's an abandoned railroad that is being *used* as a
track.

It's a track that, once upon a time, may have been a railway.

I'm not asking anybody else to map it as an abandoned railroad.
I'm asking people to respect MY tagging of it as an abandoned
railroad. Because when I see a spike, or a lump of coal, or a "road"
which is level where no road needed to be but a railroad did, I map it
as an abandoned railroad.
That strikes me as quite selfish. Why do you think other people can't amend erroneous data?

  Because when I see a spike, or a lump of coal, or a "road"
which is level where no road needed to be but a railroad did, I map it
as an abandoned railroad.

Please give a list of tags you'd use to map the tacks in your photos.

Don't destroy other people's mapping. Why is this not obvious?

What's obvious is that it's a track.

---