On 04/01/2017 22:24, Mikel Maron wrote:
Ok I hear you. Let me walk this back a step. Not the same standard, but a standard beyond now that gives some visibility to the process. I know there is a process of monitoring, analysis, communication and action followed by the DWG. Let's document that. And a simple not burdensome log of actions - summarizing the above. This visibility will improve community understanding of the process, help to spot trends, and improve everyone's work overall.

Well if it helps, my answer yesterday to this help question

https://help.openstreetmap.org/questions/53812/contested-border-sahrawi-morocco-decision-to-display

explains the process that was followed to try and come up with some kind of consensus as to how to display that area in OSM. However, what worked in that case may not be appropriate elsewhere because each case is different - in fact the most common response that I give to the DWG stuff that I deal with is just to try and get everyone to talk to each other more to try and understand other points of view, no other actions needed.

Best Regards,

Andy