On Friday 06 January 2017, Mikel Maron wrote:
> [...] http://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/39517002 is
> an example. There were issues with this import, sure. This was not
> vandalism, advertising, or a fatal breakage of the map -- not a
> situation where an immediate action was justified (and definitely
> there are other situations where immediate action is needed).

Agreed, this is not how things should be done.  Note Nakaner is not a
local mapper here nor does he - to my knowledge - routinely map in this
area.

Note within the Canadian community there is a significant bandwidth of
opinions regarding the Canvec imports and also significant voices that
want to stop them and even remove significant parts of the Canvec data
again.  Still this is ultimately the decisions of the Canadian
community, even if - to quote myself - it is worth considering
if "someone sitting in Toronto, Montreal or Vancouver [is] really more
of a local mapper on Devon Island or Ellesmere Island than someone from
Britain, Germany or Russia?"

--
Christoph Hormann
http://www.imagico.de/