sent from a phone

> On 25. Apr 2017, at 19:07, Tobias Zwick <o...@westnordost.de> wrote:
>
> I would say so, as long as there are not in reality two cycleways (see
> above). Wouldn't you?

it depends on the meaning/reading. I believe cycleway=track is bad anyway, it's
ok for preliminary mapping but fails when it comes to the details. A distinct
carriageway should sooner or later get its own way, IMHO, so this is not
something I personally would do anyway (because I'm fine with relying on
geometry and won't add explicit cycleway=track tags with my own interpretation
of which cycleways are associated with which streets).

Cycleway=* is a property, it says a highway has cycle infrastructure attached
(a lane or a nearby track). highway=cycleway is a distinct cycleway. There's no
contradiction or duplication if you do both: say with a tag that a road has a
cycleway nearby and add this cycleway explicitly as distinct geometry. This is
similar to adding the bridge=yes property to ways on bridges AND map the (same)
bridge as man_made=bridge, perfectly fine (for bridges at least).

On the other hand the wiki says since 2013 that you shouldn't add the
cycleway=track tag to roads where the cycleway is already explicitly mapped:
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:cycleway
so it might be seen as an error. It all boils down to common interpretation of
tags (and with the wiki continuously changing and more and more people starting
to map, what you think today is established meaning might change tomorrow, very
unfortunately as I would like to add).

cheers,
Martin