So not all of the cases are an error, but many of them. So is there any
tool available to answer OP? Or do you have to write your own solution?
Since no-one said so yet, I suppose there isn't. Here's a quick visual
check:

http://overpass-turbo.eu/s/oEm

I think I found a nice example of a messed up situation there.

> On Mon, Apr 24, 2017 at 12:27 PM, Tobias Zwick <o...@westnordost.de> wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I wonder, does anyone know a QA tool out there that finds duplicate
>> cycleways?
>>
>> With duplicate, I mean cycleways that are both
>> - tagged as cycleway=* on a highway=* way and
>> - mapped as a separate way parallel to the street with highway=cycleway
>>

>  What about situations where there's a path next to a street with bike
> lanes?

Joost Schouppe
OpenStreetMap <http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/joost%20schouppe/> |
Twitter <https://twitter.com/joostjakob> | LinkedIn