For years the danish community has generally been following this
recommendation: https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Da:Cykelstivejledning on
when to use cycleway=track and when to use separate cycleways. I'd like to
express the opinion that cycleway=track is NOT bad and actually in many
situations is preferable to separately mapped cycleways.