On Tuesday 26 September 2017, Yuri Astrakhan wrote:
> Since this thread had not received any new discussion in the past 4
> days, I assumed all points were answered and proceeded as planned,
> per mechanical edit policy.

That is always a bad idea.  For example in this thread i made the
following comment:

> > Christoph, a valid point. Yet the duplicate would allow finding
> > many of these errors, rather than leaving wp-only to go bad due to
> > changing nature of the WP articles.
>
> Actually no - you can find the errors just as well without adding the
> wikidata tags to OSM as after doing so.

You did not react to that so why would it make sense for you to assume
this issue has been resolved - just by ignoring it?

> Per previous description, the existing data is already bad, and I am
> simply making it possible to identify it, after discussing it on this
> thread.

Sorry but this is utter nonsense.  Importing data into OSM is never
required for either fixing errors in OSM or in the imported data.  If
you do an import you need to make sure the results are at least on the
same level of quality as they would be based on competent manual
mapping.  You need to ensure that in data preparation and not after
doing the import.

And the presence of pre-existing bad data (to a significant part already
produced through under-the-radar mechanical edits by the way) is no
excuse for adding more bad data.

> Andy, Wikidata ID is not correct or incorrect -- [...]

Then it is non-verifiable data and does not belong in the OSM database
at all.

--
Christoph Hormann
http://www.imagico.de/