On Wed, Sep 27, 2017 at 1:17 AM, Andy Townsend <ajt1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> That's simply rubbish.  Tags on an OSM object describe it in the real world.
> They should be verifiable.  Whether an OSM object has a wikidata tag on it
> is essentially irrelevant as far as OSM is concerned - it's just a primary
> key into an external database.  External data consumers might find the data
> in that database useful, but they can also get to it via wikipedia tags
> (which, being human-readable, are more likely to be maintained), so it's
> really not a big deal.

I hope everyone realizes that there are Wikidata items for which there
is no Wikipedia article. So you cannot always find it via Wikipedia
tags.

And at least JOSM shows a human readable name of a Wikidata item
besides the Q-number. I think iD does this as well.

m. (who manually adds Wikidata references for Flemish churches after
creating the Wikidata items).