So you do not agree with the Automated Edits code of conduct ?
If an automated edit takes place in a country, why do you expect that
that community follows the talk mailing list or even speak English ?
People has the right to know that some stranger starts making changes
in their area without being forced to read a mailing list (which is an
outdated medium for the younger) or understand English.

An import has to be discussed with the local community, so why would
an automated edit be different ?

regards

m.