Hi again,

I've got some more news regarding the subway validator. It is still there, updated just yesterday:

http://osmz.ru/subways/

Now it has all the systems for Europe, Africa and both Americas. I am slowly adding asian cities: there are too many of these, sorry. The link to the spreadsheet with the target numbers is in the site footer.

Also, I've published the source code:

https://github.com/mapsme/subways

You can find there not only the validator / preprocessor code, but also a small script that automatically adds stop_area relations. I've used it on all cities in Russia and Belarus, and it worked great. Needs manual verification, of course, but saves a lot of time. I have it online, but cannot make the link public, for Overpass API will ban it from all of your requests :) I can send it to you privately, of course.

Thanks,
Ilya