Hi Tomas

Two comments on this:

1. My ceterum-censeo is, that we really need a polygon type in OSM.
This would make mapping, and many written and unwritten(!) rules much
easier (not to forget software).

2. I'd like to support Martin and want to point to network topology
which is important for navigation. I currently have a use case where
we want to enhance pedestrian routing and did not find (yet) any rules
how to connect a footway e.g. to a street (what I'm sure is that
currently the 'big' route planners only consider footways as part of
the routable network if ways share same node).

:Stefan