On 02/11/17 10:17, Warin wrote:
> A botanic Garden contains lots of different plants, including grass for
> the ones I have been to.
> Mapping each individual plant with its species and genus ... no thanks.
> I did map one tree though, just to be inconsistent. :)

But there is nothing stopping the staff of that Botanic Garden adding
all the footpaths, private areas, beds, features and so on if they are
working to produce their own map of the site? In much the same way that
universities and collages are mapping campuses in more and more detail.
Some areas have considerably more detail than others depending on who is
generating the data.

It's Tomas's interpretation of landuse=forest and natural=wood which is
a little at odds with others who would tag large 'unmanaged' forests as
natural=wood ... we need perhaps two levels of tagging for macro and
micro, rather than implying different interpretations on existing tags
depending on where they are used?

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL