I think you have expressed your opinion but unfortunately whilst difficult
for you to accept traditionally OSM maps a certain way and has done for
sometime even though many governments and others would wish we did
something else.

The world isn't perfect, but from a pragmatic point of view I think
OpenStreetMap tagging the way it does works and does draw attention to what
is happening on the ground.

Cheerio John