On 01/03/19 09:50, Paul Norman via talk wrote:
On 2019-02-28 2:35 p.m., Richard Fairhurst wrote:

In recent years some OSM data consumers and "OSM as a service" providers have begun to put the credit to OpenStreetMap behind an click-through 'About', 'Credits', 'Legal' or '(i)' link. Examples:

https://docs.mapbox.com/help/img/android/android-first-steps-intro.png
https://www.systemed.net/osm/IMG_1846.PNG

In my mind what makes these examples particularly egregious is how they find room for image logos. If there's room for a Mapbox or Tomtom logo like in the images above, there's room for (c) OpenStreetMap

With maps like this, I would expect a "reasonably calculated" attribution to have OSM with at least the prominence of other companies. hat is a good thing on a small screen.

OSMand drops all the symbols from its map display when your not using the screen - maximising the view of the map.
That is a good thing on a small screen.

Some apps start with an introductory screen (a 'splash' screen?) while they boot. That might be a good place to have the OSM attribution? Possibly there needs to be a selection of OSM attributions that the user can select from?

There are certain legal words that are used to enforce action. The word 'should' in not one of them. From my recollection the words 'shall' and 'will' are clearer choices, one word for the customer, another for the provider.