On Mon, Jul 29, 2019 at 10:41:17AM +0200, Michael Kugelmann wrote:
> Am 25.07.2019 um 11:36 schrieb Florian Lohoff:
> > And IIRC it was about a
> > collaboration with the local community in Thailand which their first aim
> > was.
> I just remember that the "collaboration" in Thailand some time ago
> (might be years) was quite poor: by using AI generated data simply
> thrown into the database they destroyed a lot of craft-mapped data. But
> unfortunately I am not aware how this evolved and about the current
> situation. That's the background why I would be very cautious about such
> "collaboration statements".

The point was not about quality but about announcement and speaking up
publicly about it.

And Facebook did - loud and clear for everyone to hear - Quality
issues are a seperate issue. I am pretty shure that AI can not replace
human, on the ground, observation. It can help identify places to
visit.

Flo
--
Florian Lohoff                                                 f...@zz.de