On Sunday 08 September 2019, Simon Poole wrote:

> But in any case the guideline refers to theĀ  "visible map rendering".
> At least in conventional use of the term, aerial imagery is not a
> map, but if you so which we could surely add a definition for "map"
> that makes it clear that we are referring to the rendering of map
> vector data and similar and not image-like layers.

I think i have made my point that your concept of quantifying data
fractions is based on a very fragile understanding of the granularity
of the data involved - not a good basis for any kind of universal
rules.

Yes, you can try patching the holes in this concept by re-defining what
a map is but at the end of the day to define a relative fraction of OSM
data use as a quantitative cutoff for an 'attribution light' is just a
bad idea IMO.

--
Christoph Hormann
http://www.imagico.de/