On Sunday 08 September 2019, Clifford Snow wrote:

> Christoph,
> What would you recommend and how can it be implemented and tested to
> insure compliance with the license? How does the user of OSM data
> figure out what data is counted in the threshold for requiring full
> attribution. Especially when the OSM usage may just be a basemap from
> a 3rd party tile server.

I think any substantial use of OSM data should be attributed in a way
that is "reasonably calculated to make any Person that uses,
views, accesses, interacts with, or is otherwise exposed to the Produced
Work aware that Content was obtained from" - like the license says.  No
exceptions.

Bargaining away this attrbution requirement because a data user has
diluted OSM data with other data is just not a good idea.  It
complicates the whole matter, is in conflict with the letter and spirit
of license and why we have the attribution requirement and as explained
the dilution threshold is also practically non-quantifiable.

--
Christoph Hormann
http://www.imagico.de/