What about removing [the trailing "contributors" from the © attribution], so that the required credit becomes "© OpenStreetMap" (it could also be © OpenStreetMapFoundation, but maybe "© OpenStreetMap" would be sufficient, given that OpenStreetMap is a brand owned by the OpenStreetMapFoundation)?

I find the explanatory text in parentheses confusing.

I'm fine with associating OSM with its contributors, so if you say that "© OpenStreetMap" is the same as "© OpenStreetMap contributors", I'm fine.

but if you argue that OpenStreetMap is owned by OpenStreetMapFoundation and that "© OpenStreetMap" means "© OpenStreetMapFoundation", then I'd rather stick to the current situation, where it's very clear that the copyright belongs to contributors, be it as individuals or as a community.