sent from a phone

>> On 17. Apr 2020, at 16:47, Mario Frasca <ma...@anche.no> wrote:
> somehow I keep finding your parenthesized explanations confusing.  if you're
> right in your out-of-parentheses statement, I would probably reconsider my
> position as contributor.

I guess there might be a confusion between copyright and authorship. If you’re
Italian, you might be more familiar with diritto d’autore, which is not exactly
the same as copyright.
Copyright is the right to make copies (reproduce, perform, etc)

The right you granted to OpenStreetMap-Foundation are all the economic rights.

Besides, there are moral rights, namely
the right to claim authorship of a work and
the right to object to any distortion or modification of a work, or other
derogatory action in relation to a work, which would be prejudicial to the
author's honour or reputation

You have agreed with OpenStreetMap-Foundation that you are not going to assert
your moral rights for the content that you provided.
(This is aiming at the right to object to modifications)

Cheers Martin