On 28/11/2022 23:48, Tobias Knerr wrote:
we would like to offer data donors a standard legal text that they can use to make their data available to OSM in such a way that we would expect it to survive a hypothetical license change.

I'm confused.
If a maintainer of a database wishes to change their licence, they're certain to have justifiable reasons for doing so. If it means OSM can't use it, so be it. OSM has no jurisdiction.

If it's a licence change by OSM then how can a maintainer of a database possibly account for a future, unspecified change who's implementation was out of their control?

Could you expand on what you mean by 'legal text'. Is it a legally binding contract?

Cheers
DaveF