> way/node/relation ids in OSM are unstable, not promised to be stable
and anything relying on their stability can break at any point

Right, I know that OSM ids are not stable. The same applies to
coordinates too. If a restaurant puts a 'geo' link on their online pdf
menu card with the coordinates to their shop then this is in the same
manner unstable as osm id. This is because how humans use coordinates.
Coordinates are stable to the point we use them as a reference of earth
scoped physical space only. But we use them for not just as reference
values for physical space on earth but more likely as a estimate where
to look for our destination. In the example the POI is a restaurant.
Imagine the restaurant moves to another position and thus changing its
physical position on earth. They forgot to update their 'geo' url. Now
the geo: url still points to the same physical position on earth because
it won't be changed by any action caused by individuals. But the feature
of letting map apps centering their view on that geographic reference
point is now useless because the user cannot find the POI there anymore.

To sum up: Coordinates can be used in the same wrong way as OSM id as
they're both not sufficient enough for the use case most people are
using it (indirectly). Coordinates are already part of the 'geo' URI
scheme. There is no visible reason to me why adding another unstable
identifier like the osm id is a bad idea. As long as OSM ids are used in
a dynamic and not in a hardcoded way and proberly updated by the tools
people are using to retrieve these data (e.g. Overpass, Sophox or
end-user apps like OrganicMaps) 'geo' uris are always generated by
tools. If some does that manually then this person is in charge to
change that when the physical position of the POI changes too. People
tend to forget about these little urls as long as they don't see a GUI
(graphical user interface) connected to it like a map on their website.

On 04/01/2023 13:28, Marc_marc wrote:
Hello,

Le 02.01.23 à 18:57, Sören Reinecke a écrit :
It allows (web) developers to direct their users to their map browser
of use e.g, Organic Maps, Google Maps, Apple Maps

if it allow to open an osm editor from an "osm datauser app",
that look fine.
for ex I use Organic Maps, I see an error or an improvement for a POI,
it allow me to open Vespuccci with that object.

could the iD of the object have changed between the data of the "user"
app and the osm database used by the "editor" app ?
of course it may.
in the same way that this iD could have changed between an osmose
analysis and the moment I click on edit to open it in josm.
In this case, it's not serious, it will be enough to find the
object in the editor.
this does not change the fact that it is much easier than opening
an area, loading the area, zooming, finding the object and finally
selecting it in the 99.999% of cases where the iD has not changed

Regards,
Marc