Not quite unexpected this discussion has already gone off on a tangent about stable ids. My question on the other hand would be: what do you actually want to achieve and what would you expect an application to do with the parameter?

It should be noted that we already have a couple of URI schemes in use for OSM based tools/editors, and naturally the website object/element browsing support.

Simon