On 28/04/2023 14:57, Marc_marc wrote:
part of the active opendata community
does not wish to ally a closeddata based enterprise

It's actually worse than that.

OpenStreetMap has mappers all around the world.  Some of those places don't have the virtually unrestricted Internet access that people in the west may be accustomed to, and I wouldn't assume that a website of a major American company (Google) is available in all those places.  Previously the Board and other OSMF working groups have taken care to ensure that everyone can contribute to surveys like this.  Of all people, I'd have expected the Communication Working Group to be aware of this potential issue and to have taken steps to ensure that it wasn't one.

Best Regards,

Andy

(writing in a personal capacity rather than as a member of the DWG)