Le 25.06.23 à 01:02, Brian M. Sperlongano a écrit :
nine months later, we see that not only has the work not gotten done, but while we all squabbled away with our pet views about automated editing, we find that we agreed to nothing, and the mapper has quietly continued to add this nonsense tag to the database unabated: https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/tags/service=driveway2#chronology

I don't remember anyone opposing this mechanical edit but "prefer maproulette/osmose given the number is quite manageable". I don't remember anyone opposing the goal of this mechanical edit (get rid of highwway=service2)

if someone has objected, take their opinion into account by exluding
the area that this contributor is willing todo for a given lapse of time.
in the meantime perform the operation outside the contributor's "manual zone".

after "a certain period of time", I think it is reasonable to consider that the objection has been overcome...
I even think that this "a certain period of time" has already elapsed :
no one is doing this on a case-by-case basis to add a precise value
to replace this nonsense, as the chronology graph clearly shows.

so, imho, go ahead next week (or 2) unless someone suddenly start
obecting and doing it himself case-by-case