Vào lúc 05:42 2023-06-27, Yves via talk đã viết:
That would be again discussing with the proponent, as Brian started.
Taginfo chronology already show one mass edit and revert, best to make sure there's not another waste of energy beforehand.

The mass edit and revert were performed by the same mapper, who seems to be open to performing the edit again. (If not, I'm sure we can find others would be.)

The DWG had requested that Brian restore the 9,500 or so occurrences of service=driveway2 until the community could reach consensus on this issue after a discussion on one of the mailing lists. [1] The most definitive answer that came out of the discussion was a suggestion to deal with these ways on a case by case basis, which turned out to be aspirational.

After a brief pause, the mapper who introduced these tags continued to do so at a steady clip. As far as I can tell, no other user has been deliberately adding this tag since the matter came before this list; most new occurrences by uninvolved mappers have been the result of splitting ways. [2]

The tag's proponent is asserting that removing these tags would squander their unparalleled effort. [3] The counterargument has been that adding these tags in the first place was and continues to be wasteful and misguided.

In my opinion, this is an easy call. We should redo the mass deletion. To the extent that this episode reveals any gaps in the tagging vocabulary, JaLoo(oo)Nz is invited to put forward a reasonable proposal through the usual process and respect the outcome.

[1] https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/125373826
[2] https://overpass-turbo.eu/s/1wF6
[3] <https://community.openstreetmap.org/t/proposed-bulk-removal-of-service-driveway2/100549/5>

--