Hi,

On 17.08.23 09:59, Paul Norman wrote:
Government travel advisories state LGTBQ people are routinely harassed by the police. If this happens at the conference, how would you enforce the Code of Conduct which prohibits LGTBQ harassment?

I don't think it is reasonable to expect the code of conduct to hold against forceful outside influence - be that a group of armed thugs crashing your conference, or a group of policemen come to make trouble, or the businessperson making a sexist remark at the hotel breakfast buffet.

The code of conduct is meant to codify how we as a community want to treat each other. It doesn't magically wrap people into a bubble in which nothing bad can ever happen - not in Nairobi, not in Brussels, not in New York. No code of conduct does that, nowhere.

Bye
Frederik