Hello Jernej,

On Wed, 6 Apr 2011 20:04:16 +0200 GMT (07/Apr/11, 1:04 AM +0700 GMT),
Jernej Simončič wrote:

>> You are right, it does not add security.

JS> Wrong - your own certificates are the only ones you can actually trust
JS> (assuming you don't let the private key escape), so they're more
JS> trustworthy than certificates signed by 3rd party CAs.

Thanks for correcting me. In fact, I don't sign certificates, my
university does and I only click "OK" each time. Doing that regularly
without knowing whether the certificate is really OK, might not be
within the philosophy of using the certs for security, methinks.

--

Cheers,
Thomas.