Hello Vilius,

On Wed, 6 Apr 2011 18:07:15 +0300 GMT (06/Apr/11, 22:07 PM +0700 GMT),
Vilius Šumskas wrote:

>> VŠ> What's the point to accept and store self-signed certificate
>> VŠ> anyway? It ads zero security.
>>
>> You are right, it does not add security. However, it adds
>> convenience.

VŠ> Convenience? How?

Byu not having to click OK to accept the cert each time I send a
message. I thought that was clear,

>> VŠ> This was discussed on this list extensively multiple times, and if
>> VŠ> you really really really know what you are doing, just add root CA
>> VŠ> to trusted CAs.
>>
>> I tried that, but the result was that I could not send at all any
>> more. As this is not a beta issue, we can continue the discussion on
>> TBUDL.

VŠ> Maybe you have added certificate itself, not root CA?

Hm, possible. I am not an expert on certs.

VŠ> I'm not sure about version 5, but it worked for me when I tested
VŠ> it during 4.x beta cycle. If it doesn't work in version 5.0 it
VŠ> needs to be reported on BT and fixed of course.

True, but there is still a chance it works correctly in both versions
but I (the dumb user) just doesn't know what to click.

>> As I said in the other mail a moment ago, not really important on my
>> side, but it would be nice not to have to click OK each time I send a
>> mail.

VŠ> You can do this by using standard plain text connection method.

Of course. Some people told me I should use TLS for security. TB!
supports it. You are saying I should ignore security?

--

Cheers,
Thomas.