Hi

On Wednesday 26 August 2020 at 2:29:51 PM, you wrote:

> In soft wrapping mode it has no meaning.

I disagree.

If I insert a hard line-break by hitting <Return> at the end of a line and
press <Tab> at the start of the next line, it means that I want the text on
that new line to start indented away from the window edge. It is reasonable to
me that when the indented line soft-wraps, the continuation lines should honour
the tab indent. The end of section I want indented comes when I insert another
hard line-break by hitting <Return> again.

And a <Tab> mid-text (not immediately after a <Return>) simply means that I
want to insert a chunk of space at that point in the text.

--
Best regards

MFPA                  <mailto:2017-r3sgs86x8e-lists-gro...@riseup.net>

Two rights do not make a wrong. They make an airplane.

Using The Bat! Version 9.2.2.9 (BETA) (64-bit) on Windows 10.0 Build 19041

'Using TBBETA' information: