Hi

On Tuesday 1 September 2020 at 2:54:45 PM, in
<mid:1329563055.20200901165...@ritlabs.com>, Stefan Tanurkov wrote:-

> I'm afraid, you do not understand what plain text is
> - it's just a raw text with no formatting hints other
> than characters with variable widths and line breaks.

I had forgotten that you can use a font in the plain text editor and/or viewer
that is not fixed-width.

> Tabs have no meaning for plain text with variable width
> characters because there is no way to define tab stops.

There's probably several.
For example, Elastic Tabstops http://nickgravgaard.com/elastic-tabstops/

And TB!'s own "Plain text (Windows)" editor has tabs.

> Paragraph indents and margins cannot be defined for
> plain text either.

I never saw the point of paragraph indents: the empty line before the new
paragraph is enough of an indication.

--
Best regards

MFPA                  <mailto:2017-r3sgs86x8e-lists-gro...@riseup.net>

Two rights do not make a wrong. They make an airplane.

Using The Bat! Version 9.2.2.9 (BETA) (64-bit) on Windows 10.0 Build 19041

'Using TBBETA' information: