Hi, Marck.

On Thu, 24 Oct 2002 00:07:10 +0100 GMT your local time, which was
Wednesday, October 23, 2002, 5:07 PM -0700 GMT here,
you wrote:

> You may see little evidence, but I'd suggest that's what you get for
> not looking closely enough ;-) (joking - no offence intended).

Understood 8-). And I'll admit that I haven't been following things
as closely as I used to.

> Seriously though, version 2 is currently being worked on very hard
> indeed at RITlabs. That's why there is little movement right now.

Yes, I understand that--really.

> Although v2 has not been worked on before this summer, I would say
> that 80% of the originally slated v2 features made it into the 1.6
> series. I call that evidence myself.

Except that, as I understand it, the two versions will be so very
different that getting the functionality into 1.6 doesn't necessarily
mean that it's going to be easy to implement it in v2.

> The new v2 kernel has already been used for mail exchange within
> RITlabs. We are told that V2 definitely contains a rendering engine
> capable of showing every national character set there is.

These are two things that I didn't know until today, and that are very
encouraging to hear.

> I'm not saying any more than that and I'm certainly not going to
> talk timescales. All I have on that front is some guesses by the
> four man team slaving away on this job and they really shouldn't be
> held to them.

I don't blame you--or them.

> No, I've said too much!

I don't know if it's "too much", but thank you!

--
 Keith
...I smell a rat. Did you bake it or fry it?

 Current beta is 1.62b5 | "Using TBBETA" information: