Hi Keith,

KR> Surprisingly, I notice that you and I are both still around....

KR> I'm quoting nearly your entire message because it's 8 months old
KR> and still very well stated, yet unanswered, as far as I know.
KR> Eight months ago, you were threatening to abandon The Bat!; yet,
KR> you haven't. Why?

I guess I keep believing in Marck.  :P

Seriously, though, it's a combination that TB is a great client, and
I am constantly being promised that version 2 will wash my DBCS
clothes and darn my SBCS socks.  :)

We who have been living astride this DBCS/SBCS divide for so long are
apt to give the developers a bit more breathing room, I suspect, and
that's why I'm still here. But patience is not endless, and the
lookout for a competitor's product that completely fulfills our needs
is ongoing. RIT should get it in gear before someone else beats them
to the punch, and enough users switch to make the switch back more
trouble than it's worth.

ENOUGH version 1.6x betas, I say.  Why keep flogging this soon-to-be
dead horse?  Put all programming resources into version 2, now, and
let's get a beta of that out here where we can see that it's not just
so much vaporware.

But I have no pull with the developers.  :))  I can't even get them
to explain why they don't put up the betas in self-extracting archive
format, so that people with different or earlier archive programs
don't have to fuss about it, or with it.  They won't do it; they
won't explain why they don't do it.  RIT may change it's name to BHD
(Black Hole Development), I hear.  (^_-)

Maybe Marck knows?  :))

Best,

Yuki

mailto:yukitaga@;tkh.att.ne.jp

Using The Bat! v1.62/Beta7 on Windows 2000
5.0 Build 2195
Service Pack 3

 Current beta is 1.62b5 | "Using TBBETA" information: