Good [morning|afternoon|day|evening|night]  Allie,

AM>     ... and using smaller 16x16 icons as well. I've been begging for
AM>     this for ages. Will it ever show? I hope one day it will. ;)

I sure will - as a matter of fact, I'm redesigning the entire preview
pane right now, so suggestions are welcome.

What I am thinking of now is (I am writing this down as a plan for me
and awaiting for your comments, too)

Attachment pane:
  - position left/right/top/bottom
  - invisible mode: button on the header pane for attachments, the
  header will be shown even if it's usually hidden if a message has
  attachments.
  - the option to hide automatically if a non-default tab is selected.
  - smaller icons mode ;-)

Preview:
  - Tabs order will depend on the HTML autoview setting - i.e. if
  the HTML autoview is on, HTML content tab will be first.
  - Open HTML part in the browser menu command just to avoid double
  clicking :-)
  - Plug-ins for message parts:
      - the first step would be simple transformation of a text/binary
      stream into Text, HTML, or picture stream in a way defined by
      the plug-in (this will also need publishing plug-in API at last
      :-)
      - the second step would be providing some plug-in defined
      inplace viewer (OLE-based, I suppose)
  - For pictures, fit pane/full size option :-)
  - Full UNICODE and Eastern languages support by
    automatically switching into RTV mode for messages
    written in UTF-7/8 and CJK.

Header:
  - Adding possibility to display additional fields, these fields will
  also be edited in the message editor.

  
What did I miss? :-)



-- 
Read you later
 Stefan                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

..."Smart is when you believe only half of what you hear.
   Brilliant is when you know which half to believe." - Orben's Current Comedy


________________________________________________________
 Current beta is 1.63b6 | "Using TBBETA" information:
http://www.silverstones.com/thebat/TBUDLInfo.html

Reply via email to