On 2/25/2005 Dave Gorman wrote:

DG> unusability of any of these. Outhouse and Outhouse Express especially
DG> are in a class of their own when it comes to bloat and security flaws.
True, the outs are in a class by themselves. However, Thunderbird
emulates more of the "look & feel" of the outs than I care for. Also,
its editor is primitive compared to MicroEd.

DG> I do like TBird's *optional* downloading of HTML images and proper
DG> display of HTML formatted emails. Some of the newsletters and so forth
DG> that I receive by email are actually readable without having to open
DG> them in the browser! And since it is *optional*, I am not by default
DG> opening myself to the security risks of downloading any and all images.
I work almost exclusively with neophyte users all over the world.
Having this option is one way for the ignorant to become vulnerable.
Most of my subscriptions have a text only option which I use
exclusively. When your internet access is paid for by the minute the
typically 1/5 size of a text message pays dividends.

DG> However, when it comes to TB, usable IMAP is far more important to me
DG> than anything to do with HTML. If we want to talk about unusable IMAP,
DG> TB truly is without peers among MUA's that claim to support IMAP!
I understand. However, virtually all the people I support do not have
IMAP as an option, nor is it desirable in most instances.

--
Take Care,
Paul

The Bat! v.3.0.2.10 on Win2k SP4

 Current beta is 3.0.9.1 Deep Alpha | 'Using TBBETA' information: