Hello Gary,

On Mon, 23 May 2005 16:04:26 -0500 GMT (24/05/2005, 04:04 +0700 GMT),
Gary wrote:

G> now the RECOMMENDED part

G> The message identifier (msg-id) itself MUST be a globally unique
G>    identifier for a message.  The generator of the message identifier
G>    MUST guarantee that the msg-id is unique.

Hm. Do MUST sentences in the RFCs refer to recommendations?

OK. The point with the unique message ID was the usenet, and it makes
sense there. It doesn't make sense for email (as used in mailing
lists), IMHO. So Tony is safe in my opinion, but I am not sure
whether the RFCs agree.

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

I know that the work cycle is not plan/start/finish, but is
wait/plan/plan.

Message reply created with The Bat! 3.5

 Current beta is (none) | 'Using TBBETA' information: