G'day Tony,
On Mon, 13 Jun 2005, at 12:55:45 [GMT +0100] (21:55 here) you wrote:
> Hello znark,

>   A reminder of what znark on TBBETA typed on:
>   13 June 2005 at 20:06:28 GMT +1000

>> Which was the last version able to install a working OTFE with
>> password?

>  I've just installed 3.5.26 with OTFE with no problem at all. And I'm now
>  back with my original installation without OTFE also without a single
>  problem.

<...snip...>

>  So to answer your question, 3.5.26 is the latest fully working OTFE capable
>  version that I managed to install with no problems at all...

OTFE still didn't work for me with a fresh install of 3.5.26.
- Did a backup via the backup menu
- Did a backup via a .bat script with WinRAR
- I did an unistall
- Removed the mail base directory
- Removed The Bat! directory
- Deleted the RIT entry in HKCU\software
- Installed The Bat! 3.5.26
- Selected OTFE with password

There was still no opportunity to set a password. 'There's something
screwy going on around here'

However I have now got OTFE by restoring the last backup I did using
WinRAR before I reformatted the system. Then I reinstalled 3.5.26
followed by a restore from backup via the tools menu to get any mail I
received since not having OTFE. I then did a folder maintenance to
remove any dupes. It's working fine now. :)

Thanks for your help Tony!

I still think there is something that needs looking at in the install
package \ setup.

--
znark
:flag-australia:

Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not
simpler -- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)