On 6/13/05, Allie Martin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Tony,
>   On 13/6/2005 12:30 PM +0100, you wrote:
>
> > I don't understand why people are so scared of reinstalling or
> > backing up TB.
>
> I agree. I think the fear is unreasonable.

Alright, Allie, after both you and Tony have told me that I have an
unreasonable fear, I screwed up my courage - so to speak - and took
the plunge... using the 3.5.26 msi (despite its still broken
Connection Centre).

And, yes, you were both right. The installation of OTFE went smoothly,
as did the backup (which surprised me because the last time I used the
TB backup facility it ran into snags).

Everything looks normal, for now, but I will report any problems that
I notice as they come up. The only immediate problem I have noticed up
was with one new message template that employed a text file that I
stored inside my TB installation directory. I won't make that mistake
again, but fortunately I had only renamed my previous installation
directory and so could easily retrieve the file.

--
Avi Yashar
Windows XP Pro SP2 and The Bat! Pro 3.5.26 with OTFE