On 6/13/05, Maxim Masiutin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> >>I use OTFE mode since several months and recently I observed this
> >>slowness as well. Max Masyutin replied to my remark on this subject, see
> >>mid:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> OTFE shouldn't be any slower than regular mode. If it's much slower, than
> it's a bug. If you'll put it to /bt/ with as much info as possible, we'd be
> grateful.

Maxim, in my case, it wasn't slower - it hung forever, "stopped
responding" - and I had to Ctrl-Alt-Del to TB to end the process. I
tried this several times with different text that I searched for,
always with the same result. When I restored my previous installation
- without OTFE - the same searches (in the same folder) were completed
successfully and smoothly.

So there is definitely a bug in the process - the backup-and-restore
process or the OTFE search process. Personally, I am so frustrated by
the way in which RL makes me jump through hoops to get problematic
OTFE and the way in which RL has ignored my other complaint about the
Connection Centre that I cannot be bothered to figure out where this
bug originates.

And, just for the record, even now, Maxim, you have replied to Zygmunt
about a slow search and ignored my own report of a totally hung
search. Pardon me, but this is both rude and insulting.

--
Avi Yashar
Windows XP Pro SP2 and The Bat! Pro (No OTFE) 3.5.26