Hi Allie,

>> Alto was talking about the GUI of what ever operating system.
AM> That's what *you're* talking about and not what Alto's talking about.

Hm, maybe I've been to subtle again.

AM> He's saying that once the majority uses a particular approach, then that
AM> must say something for the fact that what the majority is in fact, the
AM> correct approach.

No, that I did not say for sure. What I said is that everybody is used
to a certain way, be it sensible or not. Every departure from this
trained behaviour is new territory for the user, and new territory is
uncomfortable and "best be avoided". (In German: "Was der Bauer nicht
kennt, frisst er nicht." English translation: "The common man won't
eat what he doesn't know.")

--
MfG,
 Alto                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]