Peter,

>> For me, the new v4 Imap is the very best of any client I have
>> tested.

> Well, naturally, I cannot comment on this.

You could try the others to see how well they do.

>> Filters work.

> Not always.

Nothing is always.  TB is quite reliable.

>> So, the point is that Imap still might not work well for you, but it
>> is not the case that Rit is conning anybody. I for one have seen TB
>> Imap go from absolutely unusable to very good over the past few years.

> I am opposing that we were promised IMAP for version 2. And version3.
> Basic functionality is still not working. Now we hear that 4.1 will
> bring the fixes.

> I think this is conning users.

I have not seen a promise that 4.1 will do Imap the way you like it.

It seems a common pattern in the world of software, especially email
software, to bring out a feature and spend some years perfecting it.
What I see is that TB's Imap, at long last, does work pretty well, but
Eudora, Pegausus, Pocomail still do not.  Courier is still far behind
the flock, promising to catch up some day, and Thunderbird is more
complete than Courier, but still some years behind in features.  There
are others, but none are better than these.

--
 Gleason

 Using 4.0.0.4 (ALPHA) on Windows XP, 5.1, Build 2600.
 IMAP email provider is Fastmail, which uses Cyrus server software.