Hello MAU,

you wrote and made these points on the subject of  -   4.0.14.2 Spell Checker
Issues:
<mid:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> So, let's all be a
> little more rigorous when testing and precise when reporting.
Totally agree.

for me  --

 Hunspell only (SSCE5532 extn renamed from dll to make it
inoperative) then spell checking works in every way, no problems

Hunspell disabled (extn renamed from dll)  and SSCE5532.dll only
words with a combination of numeric and alpha are underlined, all
other words (right or wrongly spelled) are ignored (no underlining if
wrong spelling).
Options all left blank.  Dictionary - EnglishBR
changing options has no effect except for the ignore words with
numeric which does correctly ignore them.

Other speller not an option for me.  (does not exist)

My conclusion from this is that SSCE5532.dll is effective since it finds
numeric/alpha errors and reacts when option to ignore this is
selected.
My best guess is that during initialisation process settings are being
corrupted.
What causes this in just a few systems is the hard bit.
Maybe some other programs are corrupting these
settings assuming they are held in the registry.

I do accept resolving this is difficult unless you have a system with this error
but I cannot believe it is due to the normal installation process as that is
under the control of the msi installer.

I am happy with Hunspell but there is a genuine problem to be sorted.

Best regards,
 Graham
--
  Graham Howe mail       mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
 Using The Bat! 4.0.14.2 on windows version 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 2