Tuesday, January 6, 2009, 4:06:19 AM, Maxim wrote:

MM> Hello TBBETA,

MM> Could you please test the following MSI files:

MM> http://www.ritlabs.com/download/files3/the_bat/thebat_pro_4-1-9.msi
MM> http://www.ritlabs.com/download/files3/the_bat/thebat_home_4-1-9.msi
MM> http://www.ritlabs.com/download/files3/the_bat/intpack_4-1-9.msi
MM> http://www.ritlabs.com/download/files3/the_bat/thebat_rus_4-1-9.msi

MM> There is nothing new in thebat.exe comparing to the previous beta.

Installed with just one problem --- not a new one, but I've never seen it
mentioned before. Every time I run one of the MSI files, it breaks my
QuickLaunch icon. Instead of launching The Bat!, it brings up an alert box
that says the icon is only good for installed products (???). Only fix is to
delete the QuickLaunch icon and manually create a new one, which then works
fine until the next time I run an MSI file.

It would be nice if the MSI installer included the option of creating a
QuickLaunch icon by checking a box, but at the very least, it shouldn't break
one that's already there.

Just filed a BugTraq report here:
https://www.ritlabs.com/bt/view.php?id=7430

--