Hello DVM,
  A reminder of what Morton A. Goldberg, DVM typed on:
  Tuesday, January 06, 2009 at 13:29:43 GMT -0600

MAGD> No, it doesn't. I've been creating it by simply dragging over a copy of
the
MAGD> shortcut from the Start Menu --- the one created during the installation.
MAGD> Therefore, it does not even include the full path name of the executable
---
MAGD> just the greyed-out legend "The Bat! Professional Version 4.1.9"

MAGD> I suspect that's why the QuickLaunch icon breaks with each new
installation
MAGD> --- because that version number changes, therefore the system "thinks" The
MAGD> Bat! is no longer installed. If so, then the easiest way to fix the
problem
MAGD> would be for the installer to create shortcuts which include the full path
MAGD> name --- which does not change with each upgrade.

MAGD> Meanwhile, I suppose a workaround might be to manually create a
QuickLaunch
MAGD> icon which DOES include the full path name, and perhaps a "Start In"
MAGD> directory, too. If the next MSI file doesn't corrupt it somehow, it ought
MAGD> work.

Yes as Bob said earlier mine always works after an install.

 Stuart                            mailto:scu...@mts.net
 Using The Bat! v4.1.9
 On Windows XP 5.1 Build #2600