Hallo Ron,

On Friday, September 24, 1999, 9:18:56 PM, Ron wrote:

>>  This  was  true  perhaps 6-8 months ago. I don't know what kind of spam you
>> are   getting,  but  mine  is addressed to me (well, 95 mails out of 100).

R> Yes, I'm getting a lot more spam addressed to me individually
R> recently.  I'd say that half is now addressed to me directly.  My
R> guess is that some spammers have found that people (or
R> ISPs) are filtering out messages not addressed directly to individuals,
R> so they are doing this to get around that (even if it increases their
R> overhead).

Maybe they don't care that it takes 35 minutes instead of one minute
to upload all these messages. The account will be closed an hour later
anyway...

--

Cheers,
Thomas                             mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Message reply created with The Bat! 1.36 Beta/4
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 1998
using a Celeron-MMX 366 Mhz, 128MB RAM