Friday, September 24, 1999, 5:34:40 PM, Claude wrote:
> Nobody told you this is *your* case :-))

    No.  OTOH, I am giving advice based on my professional and personal
experience.  I'd rather not have it countermanded by mere personal anecdotes
which run contrary to the established norm of the industry and is, for all
intents and purposes, bad advice to be given.

    Regardless of your personal experience, that is not how the majority of
the spammers operate.  By replying and stating "Well, I don't see that" you
cast doubt on my position and damage people's perceptions of the most accurate
way to handle the situation.

    In short, while you are speaking for yourself, I am stepping up and
speaking for more than just myself.  Because of that I will repeat what
information my professional experience has given me until such a time that you
realize that you must either come up with more than anecdotal information and
that you are unwittingly causing damage and problems.