Hi all,

On Friday, September 24, 1999, 8:18:56 AM (-5 GMT), Ron scribbled:

> Yes, I'm getting a lot more spam addressed to me individually
> recently.  I'd say that half is now addressed to me directly.  My
> guess is that some spammers have found that people (or
> ISPs) are filtering out messages not addressed directly to individuals,
> so they are doing this to get around that (even if it increases their
> overhead).

That puts subscribed to announcements type mail and user discussion list
type mail at risk since all these types of mail are not addressed
directly to anyone.  These would get filtered out.

Virtually all the spam that I get is not addressed directly to me.

--
Regards,
 -=Ali=-